GODURHAM & GOTRIANGLE SHORT RANGE TRANSIT PLANS
LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD!
We want to hear from you about the proposed route ideas below! There are several ways to provide your input on bus route ideas in Durham and Orange County:
- Take the Online Survey by clicking below.
- Attend a Pop-up Event
Faster and more reliable bus service is on the way!
GoDurham and GoTriangle are looking for input on the draft 2024-2028 Short Range Transit Plans.
- More direct connections to key destinations in North Durham, with alignment changes to Routes 1, 4, and 9 and the introduction of new Route 14 between North Durham and Duke.
- More service at night and on Sundays with buses every 30 minutes on Route 9 at night on weekdays and Saturdays and during the day on Sundays.
- Sunday service until midnight on all GoDurham Routes.
- More direct connections to key destinations in East, South, and West Durham, with alignment changes to Routes 3, 6, 8, 11, and 12 and the introduction of new Route 13 between the Village and NCCU.
- More service at night and on Sundays with buses every 30 minutes on Routes 6, 7, 8, 12, and 16 at night on weekdays and Saturdays and all day on Sundays.
- More buses midday and better connections through alignment and schedule changes on Routes 800 and 805.
- Buses every 15 minutes on Routes 4 and 9 until 7pm on weekdays and Saturdays.
- Buses every 15 minutes on Route 400 on weekdays until 7pm between Durham and Chapel Hill.
- More direct alignments on Routes 5 and 7 to ensure reliable service that is easy to understand.
- Improved reliability and faster bus trips on Routes 420, CRX, and ODX with new alignments and new park-and-rides.
- More frequent and reliable buses connecting to more destinations citywide.
- Buses every 15 minutes between Durham, Raleigh, and the Regional Transit Center through new Route 100X, and express Durham-Raleigh service hourly or better all day on weekdays on the DRX.**
* This proposed timeline is subject to the availability of bus operators
** New Route 100X has funding allocated starting in 2031, but GoTriangle is currently working to identify resources to begin service on the route in 2026.